Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November is here!

WELL so much for that video a week after my last post... but I do have a video for you now! Better late than never right?
So here he is, jumping baby courses!!! I'm so proud of him and he has been doing excellent lately. Let me back track and fill you in from my last post. We had the dentist out. He said there were no wolf teeth and his teeth were in great condition. Needless to say. That was not his issue. The dentist did say his bit was to large for him and with the type I have (a full cheek snaffle) it actually was hitting him in the roof of his mouth and pinching his tounge. With the bit being to large each of theses problems are escilated. This led me to realize it very well could be the reason his head is so high in the air! I found another bit, a D ring french link snaffle, in his size that seems to fit him much better and his head is coming down slowly but surely with a little help from some draw reins! This video was one of Simon's first rides with his new bit. 
As for the cranky horse, joint problems I had mentioned in my last post, his problems didn't seem to progress at all and after that one ride that I mentioned we haven't had an issue since! I did decide, after much reseach on joint supplements, to put him on some pure MSM. After talking to another owner at the barn MSM seemed to hit all the target area's for Simon. MSM helps not only in joint function but also horses with arthritis, back problems, and helps reduce inflamtion in the joints. He has been on it for about 2 weeks. Still to early to tell if it will make any significant changes. We Also had the vet out for a brief check up just to fufill Simon's glucoseamine injections she said his weight looked great! For those of you who know the scale she said he was about a 4! After all the pounds we've put on him I was thrilled to hear that! She said with his now increasing work ( this was also mentioned by the chiropractor) that we should increase his food. Wether it be grain, hay, another meal, however we wanted to do it. We Started him on the Nutrina Empower Boost. Many people have said they love it! At $33 a bag I had better love it to!! We started that last weekend, again to early to tell. Well that seems to be all for now on Simon!

Some more barn news rounding our 2 year anaveriary of owning Simon my mom had the itch to get one of her own! NO we didn't buy another horse.. but we are fostering only the cutest pony on the planet earth! Princess, is a 3 year old cheastnut Arabin from a rescue center near our home. She will be with us for two months for a training project for me and my mom. I'm debating making her a blog of her own because I will deffinatly be bloging and videoing (not sure thats a word:p) her training! But in the mean time you will be hearing all about Princess and her journey here as well as Simon's! Princess arrived monday. Simon is throughly not ammused with sharing his mom and his grandmother to this funny looking little pony! Anyways Princess pictures are on there way! 

Enough updating for today. Enjoy your evening and stay warm!
Happy riding :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment