Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Story begin's

I have ridden my entire life from before I could sit up and had always dreamed of having my own horse. My mom had horses and I grew up with our family horses. In 2004 ish me and my family moved to Canada and my riding didn't stop there! Actually I grew as a rider more there than I have ever! The 8 years I spent in Canada I took weekly lessons and rode western for awhile. Within a few years I decided to explore the hunter jumper world! I began jumping, got hooked and never looked back! I have spent the last 7 years showing hunters and jumpers. :) As I said in my previous post I mentioned that I bought my first horse in November 2010. Simon is 6 year old throughbred off the track. I adopted Simon from a race horse adopton center close to my home. I found this agancy through the local news paper and read the article about the newly opened adoptin program not thinking much of it at the time. Needless to say after 15 years of wanting my own horse I had written off the idea of owning my own horse and for the time preferd just to ride and show as I had done! One day my Grandmother stoped over at our house and told us she had stoped in at the new adoption barn and said I HAD come and see all the cute ponies (like I needed bribing to go visit a barn full of horses!) and off we went. After walking through the barn patting noises as I passed by we were about to leave and had stoped infront of this big chestnut's stall. I had my back turned to the horse talking to the adoption manager and all the sudden a massive nose was nuzzling my head! needless to say about 3 months later Simple Simon was adopted and on his way to a new life with a loving family!
Simple Simon
"Im adopted :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment