Well it has come time again when I decided to sign into my poor neglected blog and give it a new face lift, with yet again the hope of finding the time in the near future to keep on top of blog updates. But after all is unveiled in this blog... you will know why I have time to be posting! :)
Entierly cofused? haha I shall explain!
So In my last blog was about Simon's first horse show back in November I mentioned that we were going to be competing in a mini winter series with another farm. The second show was scheduled for January and I had all good intentions of bringing him to the second show. The day before we were planned to show the farm hosting the show canceled......................................................................................................................................................................................... cool................ NOT!
Needless to say, lack of comunication and some serious poor decission making has caused us to look at other winter horse show options.
Pretty much, that sum's up January. I continued schooling Simon working hard core on flat work and building up my own strength by going sturrupless on a daily routine! Simon was going excellent really building muscle and strength and I was beginning to see our hard work on the flat coming out in his courses over fences. AND THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED.... haha dramatic enough for you? But truly it did. Two weeks ago Wednesday I went up to the barn early in the morning to hop on Simon before his farrier appointment. My Mom joined me and was going to film some of my flat work and hopefully a course or two as we were going to talk with a new coach later that afternoon.... (I will explain the whole coach change thing in a moment!) Simon warmed up excellent, flatted great and I was just beginning to take him towards his first fence. I came across the diagional and popped over a small vertical. Simon had taken quite a long spot becuase I had a tarp and flower's underneath the jump and I really wanted to encourage him not to stop! Anyways the fence wasn't the issue. After the jump slightly off balance from such a big jump about one stride after Simon spooked. Slammed on the breaks and fled the situation. Instead of continuing across the diagional and changing directions he turned and continued the same way. In my attempt to hang on I rode like a trick rider hanging on to his side and basically got fishtailed into the kickboards on the lower half of the wall. An urgent care visit later and a trip to a spine specialist determind my worst fear, a fractured vertebrate. No riding for 6 weeks. (but at this current date is about 4!:) Upon even more investigation from my chiropractor I also suffered sever whiplash in my neck and dislocated my neck! Good one Simon!
Aside from my ache's and pains I just want to get back on my horse and tell him that I love him. After a few tears and a lot of prayer asking the Lord why this all was happening his answer seemed to come back, just becuase the going gets tough, does that mean give up? and I still truly believe Simon is in my life to teach me many lessons. This one being how to love and perserver. If that doesn't already answer the lingering question in your head... "Does she even want to ride again"... Yes I do. This is my passion and a few broken bones won't end my career :)
Simon on the other hand is quite confused as to why everyone else is handling him and i'm sitting there watching. :P I know it's going to take some time for him to remember who I am by the time I can start riding again but I hope it won't take long!:) In the mean time a few friend's have been riding him for me and my mom is lunging him in side reins to keep him in shape while im turning into jello!
Quick note on the whole coach change thing! Krissy, my barn owner and former coach has ended her lesson program at the barn becuase of lack of students so with her insurance change she can no longer coach me at shows. We looked into a coach who also coaches another boarder at my barn. I can happily say that the day I came off we had a great chat with the coach. ( Sarah Donahue of Wynn farms in Lima) Provided we are ready Simon and I will be joining there show team this year!
ONE MORE thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRINCESS PONY GOT ADOPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yay for the pony! Sad to see her go we were thrilled that she has a new home!The new owners sound absolutely perfect for her and they are going to work with a trainer to complete her training. Lollypop farm was very greatful that we took her and they truly believe because of the little work we did on her and the video I made is why she got adopted! :D
Well I think thats enough exciting news/updating for one day! But I can assuridly say that I WILL be posting more often with my sudden "stall rest";) Be safe, wear a helmet, and look out for the boogie man that clearly ate Simon the day he sent me for a ride. :) Happy riding!
This was my latest video on the big beast before our little "accident":)
No comments:
Post a Comment