So I'm not sure if I am the only one who is absolutly SICK of winter or not, but here in upstate New York it is STILL around 35 degrees..... At my whit's end of crazy horses, inconsistant mud and ice, and dealing with blanketing issues im about to pack up my things and leave for florida..... FOREVER! Okay now that i'm done complaining, lets talk about the ponies!:)
THE BEAST (Simon) has been well, been just about as up and down as the weather! The last few days the crazy man has been outside blowing off some steam and was excellent to long line this evening! Last week was a different story. With the warm weekend we had mud everywhere, and our barn owner kept our guys in for a few days. Simon, disliking her decision was out.of.his.mind....... bucking,spooking, bolting, and every other shenanagin you can think of. We did have one good lunge with the side reins on last week. I set up a pole in the middle of our ring for him to lunge over. This was a great exercise for him to start thinking about timing, striding, and seeing his distance without me getting in his way. I highly suggest it if you have a greenie or just as a change of pace in your lunging routine. It was good for him to get his mind on something other than the boogie man in the corner!
I have a friend coming out to ride Simon tomorrow. I hope he will be on his best behavior so she can get some good work in on him!
THREE MORE WEEKS!
and I will be back in the saddle!
Happy Weekend! Stay safe and love your ponies!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment